Search This Blog

Saturday, October 3, 2015

2015 Hike #6: Windy Hill Preserve

Oh my! This is only my sixth hike of the year? I've been a little lax when it comes to my outdoor excursions. I've spent most weekends staying indoors. Plus, I've hiked most of the Peninsula which means having to venture out further. However, since driving along Skyline in the Santa Cruz Mountains, I've found a few county parks off the highway. 

I've passed Windy Hill Preserve several times on my drives between Half Moon Bay and Pescadero (my two favorite places). On a whim, I decided to go today. The area certainly lives up to its name.


It was super windy! While hiking, I utilized my earbuds and listened to Mozart off my iPhone. Classical music is the only way to go when hiking. The trail offers great views of the Peninsula and East Bay. It was relatively easy with minimal inclines. Perfect the first hike after a long absence.


On my way up to the summit, the wind was stronger to a point where I had to struggle to maintain balance. In a strange way, I felt as though I were flying especially when at the peak of the summit. Strange, though, I didn't see any birds gliding above. Just lizards scurrying about. I tried to get one full panorama shot, but I had to break it up in two. 



 As I headed home, I noticed another preserve along Skyline, and I said to myself, "next weekend." I really need to get back in the groove of hiking.

No comments:

Post a Comment