Search This Blog

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Adoro Le Scarpe!

Just what the title says (ma in italiano). I love love love shoes. As my vintage wardrobe has expanded, so has my shoe collection. I've bought a few true vintage shoes, but I'm always afraid to wear them out on the dance floor, so I have relented and decided to buy reproduced pairs. However, they're not your typical repros from the mall or big box stores. They're from shoe designers who, themselves, are vintage aficionados specializing in historically accurate footwear. I've decided to buy exclusively from three shops: Re-mix Vintage, American Duchess and Aris Allen (classic footware made specially for swing dancing).

I have more shoes than the ones shared below, but these are the favorites. So as my collection grows, I will add more pics to this post for you all to fawn over. Enjoy!


The Gibson from American Duchess

The It Girl from Remix

The 23-Skidoo from American Duchess

The Picasso (top) and The Briarcliff from Remix