Search This Blog

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Treasures from Treasure Island

On the last weekend of each month, Treasure Island holds its monthly flea market where visitors can peruse the open-air spaces for antiques, collectibles, handmade products and re-purposed goods. In short, an outdoor Etsy store. Out on the lawn are food trucks selling various cuisines from breakfast to lunch. The best part; it's dog-friendly so I always have Daisy in tow. Even if I don't find anything worthwhile, it's worth the small entrance fee just  to enjoy the day and converse with my fellow SF locals.

Daisy with some goats; Shopping; Enjoying the day; Bubbles!!!

Today was another beautiful day to spend on the island. I wasn't expecting to find anything in particular; it was just a morning strolling with some friends. Yet, I DID find something. I found an antique caddy from the 1930s. Any other time, I would've just skipped over it. Considering it was a football theme (and I love football), and it was only $3, I decided to buy it.

I'll call him Joe.

So now he stands next to another caddy known for a brief scene in one of the best films of the 1990s. Can you guess which one?