Search This Blog

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Escape from SF - Hitchcock style

The Master of Suspense: Alfred Hitchcock. I am a long-time fan of his films. Whenever there is a Hitchcock festival, I am there. If there is a single showing at any of the local theaters, it's a guarantee that I will be in attendance. (In fact, Stanford will be showing a double feature of a Hitchcock and the late Joan Fontaine collaboration next week. Yes I will be watching.)

This weekend I went on a brief excursion to Bodega Bay; famed for providing the setting for The Birds. The local community embraces its contribution to Hitchcock's film with somewhat of a mini-museum (or maybe even a shrine). The old schoolhouse and church still stand today. The schoolhouse, though, is now a private residence. Below are a few pictures taken from my excursion. I hope you enjoy.


Looking across Bodega Bay

A sea lion enjoying a swim.

BIRDS!!!

The Hitchcock Mini-Museum

On Location

My re-enactment 50 years later.

Since Hitchcock shot many films at a number of Bay Area locations, I'm going to make it a goal to visit as many areas as I can this coming new year. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment