Search This Blog

Sunday, January 18, 2015

2015 Vintage Purchases: A little this a little that

These next three items have the distinction of being my first vintage acquisitions of 2015. All items were purchased at a local antique shop in San Mateo. It's your typical mom and pop shop and the gentleman who runs it is super sweet. He always has something new since many locals bring in antique items, or he is contacted to retrieve items from those who have lost loved ones. His inventory consists of furniture, linen, housewares, garage items; pretty much everything that isn't clothing.

This is what I brought home:

 Nothing makes your applying lipstick more glamorous than a vintage compact.


 A trivet for those hot pots when placed on the table or counter


And a lovely tablecloth to accentuate the dining area.


So as the year continues, expect a little more antiques for the home and a few accessories here and there. I have a huge wardrobe as it is, so I may purchase fewer dresses. If I do, I'll be eyeing more day dresses.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment