Search This Blog

Saturday, May 16, 2015

2015 Vintage Purchase #6: Blissfully Blue

It was day 2 of the Alameda Vintage Fashion Fair. There were less people in attendance which made it much easier to navigate around the facility as well as explore the inventory at a slower pace. I made only two dress purchases today each from a seller I've previously bought from on many occasions.

The first dress came from Oren's shop: Relic Vintage. He had two lovely pieces and both fit very well, but I opted for this lovely number below:


It is so light and airy perfect for the summer months. I love the colors and the accented bows on each sleeve. It's a bit too delicate for swing dancing, but it's definitely a great day dress to wear to work. And since my job is located in Santa Clara County where the temperatures are high, this dress will keep me rather cool.

The second dress is from one of my favorite sellers, the lovely Christina of Skirt Chaser Vintage. I've been purchasing from her for over a decade when she was known as Señorita Hollywood on eBay. She really knows how to dress her clients. There were three dresses to choose from. One of them was too big in the chest area (how did these women in the 40s have such tiny waists with huge breasts?), the second dress was such a beautiful 30s dress. Now that I think about it, I wish I would've taken a picture of it when I was trying it on. The fit was pretty much at my waist measurement at 31-32". It was also supported by a single snap. But oh it was a lovely dress, but I opted not to buy it. If it's meant to be, it'll be available when I'm ready to purchase. I have been slimming down so it'll probably be a perfect fit in a couple of months. The dress that I ended up buying was another blue number.

This cotton day dress is a bit loose, but perfect for the dance floor. It also makes for a great summer dress. This was the type of dress that I've been searching for. Cotton dresses fit for a swing dancer. 

There weren't too many cotton day dresses out there at the fashion fair. Those that were available were either the wrong size or the wrong decade. I saw quite a few mid-late 60s dresses with very gaudy colors. Those from 20s-50s tend to have more softer, lighter colors, which seem to work better with my olive complexion and red hair.

Eventually, I will need to make a day trip to Santa Rosa, where Skirt Chaser Vintage is located. I know there are other vintage clothing shops in downtown Santa Rosa, so it would be worthwhile to check them all out with a stop in Petaluma. Perhaps in July. Definitely stay tuned for a post on that trip. Cheers for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment