Search This Blog

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Key in Hand

As of August 24, 2016, it is now officially on record that I am a homeowner. Yaaaaay!!! And it was on that day that I received my keys. 


On Friday night, I took a few things over to my house to get started on the move. I spent the night there. All I heard were the sounds of crickets, the trees as the breeze blew through the branches and leaves, and the windchimes playing light tunes. It was incredibly peaceful. I kept thinking to myself, there's no one above me, no one below me and no one on either side. I hear no one. And no one hears me. That's the difference between life in a house and life in an apartment. No shared space.

I decided to place one picture on the wall to make it less empty. As I pounded the nail, I smiled realizing that I'm not disturbing anyone. It's also MY wall. I don't need permission to make changes. Here's the result:


I know it's a slow start, but it's a start. I can't wait until I have all my antique furnishings moved in. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment