Search This Blog

Friday, February 22, 2013

Faith restored

I've had my doubts about whether or not to trust the court system because it seems people are granted requests for the most absurd reasons, but after today's events, I now have an increased faith that the justice system can make the right decision.

As written in a previous post, I had received (completely out of the blue) a harassing (borderline stalking) email from an individual with whom I've never had contact; be it personally, virtually, 3rd person, etc. In other words, she was a nobody to me just as I was a nobody to her. At least I should have remained a nobody to her after a bizarre chance encounter over two months ago.

As I reflect on this whole situation, all I can do is laugh, shake my head and say, "all because I bought a bottle of shampoo." This whole thing started because I just wanted high quality hair products since I'm obsessed with my hair. Had she not realized that none of this would've happened had she not sent her harassing email to begin with? I never had contact with or from her before giving her my information for the company's records. Of course I'm going to file a complaint with her employer. But I wasn't going to obsess about it. After reporting it, I went on with my life, but she just couldn't let it go, and it had been a nightmare since.

This girl pretty much demonstrated in open court that she has been obsessed with attacking me any way that she can. I originally thought it was Dem who put her up to this but judging from his demeanor, he obviously did not want to be there. And I will publicly make my apology to him here: I now realize that you weren't behind this ridiculous situation. I was wrong in my assumption that you put her up to this just to get back at me. But that certainly doesn't excuse your abusive behavior during our relationship and in the months immediately following the break-up.

During this hearing, she dragged out information that was never in the original report, and it caught me completely by surprise. The problem was, she had no proof available to back up her claims. They weren't available because they don't exist. I came prepared with my witness and evidence, but they weren't needed. The burden of proof was on her, and she had nothing.

Bottom line, she didn't like the fact that I have a blog. She didn't like the fact that I have written about my experience with an abusive alcoholic. She didn't like the fact that people who have nothing to do with her could be reading about my living with post traumatic stress disorder. She didn't like the fact that I refused to be bullied nor back down from defending myself. Contrary to her delusional belief, this blog does not revolve around her. I write about what I feel in one moment, and I move forward and on to the next thought that encompasses my mind. My life does not revolve around her. I have better things to do. I dance, I hike, I garden, I teach, I go to graduate school, I go antique/vintage hunting, I attend classic film festivals. Add one more thing to my already busy schedule: I'm now a 1930s chorus girl. (I'm finally part of a dance troupe. Yay me!)

I am completely thankful that the judge saw through her. She demonstrated her lack of maturity and made a complete fool of herself, and that was quite apparent with all the laughing I heard from everyone else in the court room. Even my witness and I were withholding bursts of laughter because that was how ridiculous and immature the claims were. And as we were dismissed, I couldn't help quietly laughing and shaking my head as I whispered a parting shot under my breath before sitting tall and taking great satisfaction in watching her angrily leave in her agony of defeat. Let this be a learning experience for her. Hopefully she will now leave me alone because I want nothing to do with her; never had, never will. 

As per the parting shot, it was not meant as a dig at her. It was meant for Dem (and I know he heard me) for allowing himself to get involved with a kid. For allowing himself to take a huge leap backward. For allowing himself to reach way down to scrape the bottom of the barrel; a 40 year old man with a 20-something kid. Dating a woman-child does not make a man look younger. It makes him look older, desperate, and pathetic. And he looked hella old and haggard

Before I end this, there's just one thing I want him to ponder. When we first started dating, he had asked me if I would be strong enough to stand by him should his baby-mama ever bring him to family court. Considering this is the second unsuccessful attempt at using the court system to unjustly punish me, I can say with 100% certainty that yes, I would have been strong enough to handle it, and I will continue to maintain strength. There was never anything to fear but he allowed himself to be influenced by what other people (people who don't know me) posted about me online. Perhaps he should take a better look at what's online and what she posted about her own self. Better yet, he should take a long look in the mirror; only then will he have a legitimate reason to be scared.

*TAKES A MUCH NEEDED DEEP BREATH* Thank You, God, for blessing me with supportive family and friends. And thank You for restoring my faith in justice.






This post brought to you by our favourite band.

You think you've got a hold of it all
You haven't got a hold at all
When you reach the top, get ready to drop
Prepare yourself for the fall, you're gonna fall
It's almost predictable 
           - Depeche Mode



Demian Griffitts