Search This Blog

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Lindypendence 2015



The 4th of July landed on day one of the Fillmore Jazz Festival. Each year, my friend Burnie holds his Lindypendence Weekend show with some dance lessons and large open dance floor. Swing dancers from all over the Bay Area come out for a few hours of dance. Newcomers are offered dance lessons. 

I danced for nearly 4 hours and my feet/legs were feeling it. Burnie and I gave a quick Collegiate Shag lesson. I really want more people to take up this dance style because there are very few shag dancers out there. It is rather fast, but oh so fun.


I DJ'd a two hour set (quite possibly my longest). The first three songs had the colors Red, White and Blue, some BBQ themes and American Patrol  to cover the holiday theme. After that, it was a free for all.





No comments:

Post a Comment