Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A hunting I will go....

House hunting, that is! By this time next year (or sooner), I should be a homeowner. You know what that means...finding a house with vintage appeal to accommodate my vintage appliances. Stay tuned for updates on this subject.

Update #1
I've had my heart set on Half Moon Bay, but it is way out of my price range. I'll settle in another city for a few years, sell that house and ultimately by my HMB house of my dreams.

I DON'T want to live in San Francisco where, surprisingly, houses can be affordable. I know the Bayview is slowly getting gentrified, but it isn't fast enough. Besides, I'd prefer a house along the peninsula. So my focus area is San Mateo County; preferably north of San Mateo. I'm super excited. It's definitely an awesome, life-changing experience. The best part will be decorating a house in vintage fashion. 

Update #2
So it may be up to two years before I find the right house for me. One thing I've learned thus far is that rooms look a lot bigger in pictures; then you walk into the property and wonder, is this the same house? The rooms are much smaller, the floor plans don't make sense (who puts a restroom within the perimeter of the living room?), and the yards are too small or overwrought with weeds. I have to consider a yard for my dog (as well as meeting my needs for a vegetable/fruit/spice garden). Then you wonder about the previous occupants. Have they no pride in their homes? So the hunt goes on.