Search This Blog

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Vintage Finds! Weekend of August 2

This weekend I went to an estate sale a few blocks from my house. There were tons of glass, crystal and other housewares. There were racks of fur coats; none of which this vegan gal is interested in. There was a box filled with hats and handbags. I thought I'd hit the jackpot but most of the goods were from the 1960s. Only one vintage handbag caught my eye; a vintage needlepoint handbag.






And since this is the first weekend of August, that meant another trip to Alameda island for their monthly antique flea market. My usual seller has been m.i.a. for the past few months, so I haven't purchased any dresses for quite some time. So I weaved through the entire market and stopping at whatever caught my eye. I found one rayon dress from the mid 1940s. It was a major bargain, but it needs a little bit of TLC. It was just too beautiful to pass up, so I purchased it. 


I found a 1920s, fringe beaded flapper cap. Just for the fun of it, I tried it on and I was pleasantly surprised that it looked really nice. I thought about purchasing it but I decided to pass on it for now. If it's meant to be, it'll be available next month. Stay tuned...