Search This Blog

Monday, August 12, 2013

Vintage Finds! Weekend of August 9

No flea markets this past weekend, but there were several estate sales around the city. Unfortunately, it was tough getting around Golden Gate Park because of the Outside Lands concert. Of course, to make things even more difficult, the estate sale closest to me was on Cabrillo; just one street up from the venue. I ended up not only parking in front of a hydrant, but also blocked another vehicle in. I ran through that estate sale in less than 5 minutes. What did I find? Absolutely nothing. So as I drove back home, I spotted another estate sale in the very quiet St Francis Wood; plenty of parking there. Much of it had already been picked through since it was its second day of the sale. I ended up purchasing a small coffee table from the 1950s. Note the boomerang legs. It's not really my favorite era, but it cost me a mere $7. It'll due for now.