Search This Blog

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Vintage Purchases: Weekend of October 4th

I missed last month's Alameda Antique Faire in favor of the Art Deco Festival and Camp Hollywood Swing Dance Festival in Southern California. This month, I made sure to attend pending the 49er schedule. Thankfully, it was a night game so I was able to pull a double header today.

I spent the morning at Alameda and made 3 incredible purchases; all true 1930s vintage. The first was a dress with gorgeous button detail. It also doesn't have any sleeve, yet has a cape to drape over the arms. It was a popular style during that time (at least among the upper class who didn't feel the effects of the Great Depression.





I also purchased my second pair of 1930s oxfords which are very similar to another pair I purchased earlier in the year. I also bought a pair of peep toe pumps that are perforated with a cute bow adornment.



I had some great scores today, and I'm definitely looking forward to the Vintage Fashion Fair in two weeks.

I would have loved to shop all day, but I had to cut the venture short so that I could attend the 49er game at Candlestick. It was a great game with our 49ers rolling over the Texans 34-3. It was a good day, indeed.