Search This Blog

Sunday, April 13, 2014

The French Market

I've limited my vintage shopping to antique and fashion fairs. I rarely go into a brick and mortar establishment unless I know the people working there (discounts) or I'm visiting from out of town. You just can't haggle with the staff.  

I learned about the Marin County Antique market at last weeks Alameda Pointe Antique Flea. After my hike at Fort Baker, I continued up Redwood Highway to San Rafael. The market was small, but still enjoyable. I even found one of my favorite vendors (Chick-a-boom). I didn't purchase anything; I was mainly there to scout the area before I return next month. There were a lot of antiques available for all types of collectors: tiki and Hawaiiana, Disneyana, African, Native American, tools, auto, clothing, music, furniture, etc. Something for everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment