Search This Blog

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Flea Hopping

It's the last full weekend of the month which means an outing at Treasure Island Flea Market. I rarely contribute posts of my purchases from TI because there isn't much in the way of antiques. Sure, there are definitely a few but either it's not what I'm looking for or they are super pricey. Usually it's the former. If I do purchase anything, it's usually artisan products such as soaps and anything lavender based.

Even if I don't purchase anything, it's still nice just to browse around and enjoy the weather. This weekend had bright blue skies and mild weather. Since this month's theme was Easter Fleaster, I decided to go out in Spring attire; a 1940s day dress paired with dark green peep-toes, and my hair in a pageboy using my late grandmother's hairpin.

Yes, I actually wore pink lipstick
 Since the flea market is dog friendly, you'll find a good share of unique looking canines. I loved the one with the blue mohawk. And the chihuahua lady! She always dresses her pups in holiday attire. My dog, Daisy, loves them and always says hello.


Of course, when you look at each seller, it's always in the presentation. Sometimes the market is more like an art display of antiques.

I noticed in recent months that in addition to the food trucks on the lawn, there are two stand alone bars and a roving bartender. I decided to indulge in a Spring Fling Cocktail; I actually had two of them because it was buy one, get one free. What does the cocktail include? Ole’ Smoky White Lightnin’, Ole’ Smoky Blackberry Moonshine, St. Elder Liqueur, house-brewed ginger beer & fresh mint. 

And since I had two cocktails, I had to sit around for a bit while I sobered up. And it was a beautiful view from Bay Bridge to Golden Gate Bridge.


In addition to purchasing goat-milk soap and lavender lotions, I bought this cute little figurine of a 1920s bather. She now sits at the corner of my bathtub.


All in all, a great day on the island.

No comments:

Post a Comment