Search This Blog

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Grease Monkey

It's the first Sunday of the month and that means Alameda Antique Faire! (Post to follow) I usually leave around 8:30 when there's less of a crowd. So I head out toward my truck and click the remote to unlock the doors. Nothing. Hmmm...I guess my remote needs a new battery. So I opened the door the old fashioned way =) and I notice that the dome light didn't turn on. Odd. So I put the key in the ignition and turn. NOTHING. My battery is dead. 

I knew I needed a new battery eventually. Back in October, I had to get a jump. When I had the oil changed at Toyota, they tested my battery at 50%. So the day arrived that I had to replace it. I figured I could do it myself. All those years that I watched my dad P.M. his truck, change the break pads, change the battery, etc...I MUST have learned something.

I texted my friend that I'd have to meet him later because of the battery. I got a Lyft and rode straight to AutoZone and purchased a new battery.

It was pretty easy. Just loosen the bolts, replace the battery, red to red, black to black and tighten the bolts. The only thing hard about it is lifting the battery; it weighs damn near 40 pounds! 

But I did it! All by myself! Wearing a dress! Daddy would be proud!

Old Battery; Removal; Dirty Hands; And all done in a dress!


Transcript: First time changing a battery all by myself. Thank you, daddy for having been such a great teacher. And I did it in a dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment