Search This Blog

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Hats! Glorious Hats!

My latest craze is hats. I was a bit apprehensive about wearing them since they can misshapen an updo, but considering that every rockabilly girl is doing the era inappropriate victory rolls with the reproduction 50s clothing, I've become more partial to pin curling, fingerwaving, and styling my hair that would accommodate a hat.

Hats are a necessary accessory to complete an outfit. It adds just that much more class to your vintage attire. It's not easy finding them, though. It's a challenge matching a true vintage hat to a true vintage dress. Whenever I find a cute hat, I have to think about whether or not I have a dress for it. It's not just matching the color but also matching the era. If the hat is cute enough, I'll buy it anyway even if that means not wearing it for a long while.

Below is my current collection.