Search This Blog

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Vintage finds! Weekend of September 13

There was an estate sale not too far from my home. I was looking for some women's accessories since the sale was advertised as mostly 1940s with some items from before and after this decade. There was a stack of 78s of which I bought 25 records. They were in the same room where they had early 20th century chairs and sofas. One of them caught my eye and it was a steal at $30. I had to have it. It needs some minor repair, but the wood is pristine and sturdy. The fabric needs some cleaning, and the cushions can use some padding. I'm looking forward to this restoration project. Funny that I'm buying so much vintage/antique furniture for the house I've yet to buy. It'll happen soon. I've already got the pre-approval; I just need to find the right house for me and my furniture.