Search This Blog

Friday, May 30, 2014

2014 Hike #12: Ring Mountain

Gadzooks! It has been a little over a month since my last hike! This was due to my having a really, really bad sinus infection that actually kept me bed ridden for a few days. Then I had my family in town for my graduation weekend. But now I'm back in hiking form with my dog Daisy Bell in tow.

This week, I went back to Marin County but this time on the east side of North Bay. I decided to give Ring Mountain a try. At first I thought perhaps it was named because it may be a spiral-like trail around the mountain, but it was a direct path up. I later learned that the mountain is named for a late 18th century Marin County Supervisor, George E. Ring.

The landscape was a mix of twisted trees, boulders, old fence posts and myriad flora and fauna. The rocks themselves had somewhat of a mosaic pattern glistening in the sun. Among the purple flowers, butterflies fluttered. At the top, you can see Mt. Tam in the distance and a stunning view of San Pablo Bay. It was a slow ascension to the top; one must stop along the trail to observe the beauty of his/her surroundings.




No comments:

Post a Comment