Search This Blog

Friday, May 2, 2014

My "New" Old Glasses

At April's Alameda Pointe Antique Flea, I found a great pair of cat-eye frames from Allyn Scura. He is known for his expansive inventory of true vintage eyewear. He always vends the antique flea market circuit throughout the state as well as Viva Las Vegas, The Vintage Fashion Expos in San Francisco and Los Angeles and other fashion fairs. Since I am a repeat customer, not only of his frames but of the prescription service, he gave me a really great deal.

I had to retire my silver cat-eye frames since the celluloid split at the left frame. Crazy glue wasn't working anymore. I had purchased some 1920s frames the month prior, but I really wanted another pair of cat-eyes.  I found this lovely pair:


After a few weeks wait time, my frames finally arrived in the mail this morning. Super excited to sport this new pair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment