Search This Blog

Monday, September 22, 2014

2014 Hike #16: Old St. Hilary's

It was back to Marin County, but I didn't do the trail I wanted to hike. Originally I was planning to hike Cataract Falls, but with the recent rains and the potential for slippage, I opted for Old St. Hilary's. Plus, I didn't want to risk injury when I had a performance with my dance troupe that very evening.

This was a rather simple hike on the Tiburon peninsula. The locale offers spectacular views of Angel Island, the San Francisco skyline, The Golden Gate Bridge and Richmond Bridge. Unfortunately the weather did not cooperate. There was overcast and fog.

The open space is an expansive grassland with one main trail that branches out to several smaller trails. Each of those trails provided different sites.






My favorite area was along a dilapidated fence. It just looked so rustic.


Though the weather wasn't too great for breathtaking views, there was a nice one of Angel Island.

And Richardson Bay.

This time I remembered to take a snapshot of Daisy who loved exploring this trail.



Next week for sure will be Cataract Falls

No comments:

Post a Comment