Search This Blog

Saturday, November 15, 2014

2014 Vintage Purchase #14: More Day Dresses

I couldn't help myself. I said I was only going to look, but you see such cute vintage dresses for the right price! I had to have them.  

Yes indeed, it's that time of year again! The biannual Alameda Pointe Vintage Fashion Faire. Vintage sellers from around The Bay Area descend upon the Michaan Auction building to both showcase and sell their inventory. My favorite sellers were there: Skirt Chaser Vintage, Chick-a-boom Vintage, Hot Couture, all of whom I've purchased from in recent years (though with Skirt Chaser, I've purchased from the lovely Ms. Christina since her e-bay days over 10 years ago). I was bummed not to see another favorite seller; Roads Less Travelled. (Where are you, Tracy?) 

IF I was going to purchase anything, it would only be day dresses. I have so many evening dresses, but I can't wear those to work. I did catch myself eyeing evening attire and forced myself to move along. Then I spied a 1930s dress. It's so delicate and of course it has its flaws, but it would be hard to spot unless you really looked closely (when purchasing vintage clothing, I usually do). It is very sheer, so this requires wearing a slip.



And of course the lovely Christina from Skirt Chaser knows how to dress her patrons. I tried on a few dresses, but passed on them since they were a little big on me. I could always size them down, but with so few vintage clothes available for larger girls, I feel like I'm do a disservice. Then she brought out this cute Mexican peasant dress. I love the embroidered roses at the neckline and the silver ric rac stitching at the hem. It's definitely 1940s since it has the metal side zipper. 


It was definitely a nice score out of Alameda Fashion Faire especially after such a disappointing showcase at the Vintage Expo two weeks ago. I'm already looking forward to the May 2015 Faire.

No comments:

Post a Comment