Search This Blog

Monday, November 3, 2014

2014 Vintage Purchase #12: Sconce

My apartment is in an old Mediterranean-style building erected during the 1920s. My unit has retained its vintage charm with built in vanities, telephone hutches, old tiles and arched ceilings. So naturally, it is a perfect fit for me considering my large vintage wardrobe and antique furniture collection. One thing I've been looking for is antique lighting (and I'm still looking for a small, antique dining table).

My friend, Burnie, works at an antique/vintage clothing store. When I shop there, he kindly gives me a 10% discount. He usually contacts me whenever "new" inventory arrives; specifically clothing from the 20s-40s. The last few times I went, I noticed this great sconce. I asked him about it and he told me that there were originally two sconces but the buyer preferred to purchase one. They were kinda pricey; after all, it is from the 1930s. Whenever I went back to the shop, I kept staring at it admiring its artistry. I finally made up my mind to purchase it. The sconce is absolutely gorgeous, and the pictures below just don't do it justice.




Now to find the right spot to gloriously shine bright.