Search This Blog

Saturday, June 14, 2014

2014 Vintage Purchase #8: Alameda Vintage Fashion Fair Day 2


It was day 2 of the Alameda Vintage Fashion Fair. I deviated from my shopping list of purchasing cotton day dresses exclusively. I bought two more dresses, but neither is a day dress.

From City Vintage

I've always wanted to get a sweater dress but most are too form fitting. I found a pink one from the 1940s. It has an a-line skirt, and it was a perfect fit. For only $45, I had to have it. This may not be a dress for dancing as it would probably make it warmer (it's hot enough just in a sundress at Verdi); for those colder outdoor swing events, it'll do just fine.

From Relic Vintage

The last dress I purchased is this 1930s rayon dress. I liked the way it draped and flowed with my every move. This may be a Gatsby contender. 


No comments:

Post a Comment