Search This Blog

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Sunday Fun Day

Our family had a bit of scare the past two weeks that began with my cousin calling me from San Jose airport and telling me that he was about to hop a plane to New York. His mom (my aunt) found a lump. After surgery, biopsies and analyses, the results came back negative. Whew! So glad that she will be okay. Once he got back to the Bay Area, he wanted to celebrate by spending a pleasant Sunday outdoors. So I met with my primo, his girlfriend and my little dog, too.

We started the day with breakfast at our favorite cafe, Christie's in Burlingame. It's always a busy joint, but they have the best service treating you to a home-like atmosphere. What I like most is the artwork displayed throughout the cafe. They seem to share a theme of female empowerment.



After breakfast we drove off to Half Moon Bay. We first stopped at Spanish Town. I always see it on my drive along 92, but I never bothered to take a stroll. It was quite serene with all the water fountains and the trickling of water. There were also a few art galleries.

Mi primo photobombing the top left snapshot.

There are several coast accesses in Half Moon Bay, and we chose Poplar Beach because it's smaller, less crowded, and the parking fees are really low. Once there, we unleashed Daisy to frolic in the sand. We pulled out the kite, and let it take wind. We later had frisbee session. The weather was perfect. The temperature was a cool 70 degrees with blue skies. 

I kept staring out at the waves and lamenting the fact that I didn't bring my surfboard. The waves were perfect. Regardless, I wouldn't have been able to go in at this time. I just had my hair color retouched barely a week ago (redhead problems). I'm only able to surf within two weeks before my next appointment. I'll be back out there in a few weeks. I waded (up to my ankles) in the ocean. Then I noticed dolphins frolicking in the ocean. I took out my camera and was able to record them before they continued swimming toward Pillar Point. If you look closely at the video below, you can see the dolphins.


Animal friendly beach. I just loved the doggie bikini.

We ended the day at a hole in the wall Mexican restaurant for Margaritas. We've had better, but still, it was just a nice day to relax.


No comments:

Post a Comment