Search This Blog

Friday, July 25, 2014

The Last Dance: Unrequited Love

A few months back, I had my first radio appearance on The Last Dance where I discussed performance and swing dancing. Dizzy, the radio host, and I have become quite close and have been brainstorming about potential swing dancing events and a new chorus girl dance troupe based out of Marin County. Thanks to her tireless efforts and great motivation, the plans will be coming into fruition. One of the first things we discussed was having me come in as a regular guest each month when we pick a topic and have an open ended discussion. We had our first session just last week.

I was introduced under my stage name, Rose Red; though I'll probably be using the informal Rosie. I just think "Dizzy and Rosie" flows smoothly from an auditory aesthetic. I've also considered a last name: Espinosa...Rosie Espinosa (get it?)

This month's topic is unrequited love. It was definitely a deep topic but one which the audience will gain an interesting perspective. Did I bring up Demian? Of course; as well as two others with whom I had a strong relationship during different points of my life. How Dem differs from the previous two is that I still have friendships with the others and we still maintain communication and a love & respect for each other. 

Below is a short snippet of our discussion:

For Mobile Users: Unrequited Love

My setlist included the following:

  • I Ain't Got Nobody by Sophie Tucker (on the accompanying video)
  • All of Me by Billie Holiday
  • After All I've Been to You by Swing Session (now Stompy Jones)


The show will air this Sunday, July 27 at 10am and 6pm. Be sure to tune by clicking the link below.

No comments:

Post a Comment