Search This Blog

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Bacon, Babes, and Bingo


The Red Hots Burlesque Revue puts on a monthly game show featuring...what else? Exactly what the show title suggests. People from around the Bay Area descend upon San Francisco's Verdi Club for a Sunday brunch including cocktails such as Bloody Marys and Mimosas. The patrons sit down for not only a bingo session, but also skee-ball, a wheel of fortune, and raffling. Everyone leaves a winner (to some extent). The hostess, Dottie Lux, is such a great entertainer with an awesome sense of humor. Other performers included a hula hoop artist and singer.

Our dance troupe was asked to perform a number. We happily obliged. The audience was really into our dance, and I think this was the first time (in a long time) that I was very happy with this performance. After we were done, I stuck around to partake in the game show. I came very close to winning a bingo, but luck was not on my side...this time. However, I did randomly win a token to return to a future show free of charge. I'm actually looking forward to attending future game shows. It was a lot of fun. The only thing is, being a vegan, I have a strong aversion to the smell of meat and the scent of bacon was definitely in the air. There's only so much I can eat at a show like this, but at least there were plenty of different fruits to choose from.



Dulce de Leche performs

Our outfit for our summer dance routine






No comments:

Post a Comment