Search This Blog

Saturday, January 25, 2014

2014 Hike #4: Juanita Cooke and Hiltscher Trail

In keeping my New Year's Resolution of weekly hikes, I managed to squeeze in a trail on my trip back to SoCal. This weekend, I hiked along Juanita Cooke trail in Fullerton, CA. It started off quite boring as it was just flat terrain with little to no elevation and trees on either side of the dirt path providing some relief from the sun. 




About a half mile into the trail, I came upon a different path; the Hiltscher Trail. This was much better as it provided more picturesque scenery. Along the trail were creeks, horse stables and chicken coops; a bit of country in the city. I came across a bridge (I have a thing for bridges) where I stopped to do my dancing stretches (the pliérs, kicks, arm stretches). I think for future trails, should I come across a bridge, I will stop for this routine. 


I'm glad I was able to enjoy a bit of nature on my short trip to the southland. Though I must say; the Bay Area has far better trails.



No comments:

Post a Comment