Search This Blog

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Getting the 'billy on.

It has been a very, VERY long time since I've gone to a rockabilly show. I met up with a couple of friends for a car show/rockabilly show at 23 Club in Brisbane. It was definitely a friendly atmosphere and the people there (mostly car clubs) were super nice. One of my friends stated, "that's because there were more men than women." I didn't realize it, but yes, there were fewer ladies. Of those who were there, most were older and therefore beyond the cattiness and were very friendly. I manage to dance a few songs in addition to enjoying the music and meeting new people. It made me think of the L.A. Rockabilly scene. Though I'm more into the swing dance scene, I think I can leave a little room for RAB. 


No comments:

Post a Comment