Search This Blog

Saturday, January 11, 2014

2014 Hike #2: Hawk Hill

I was a bit iffy about trekking it out to Marin considering the poor weather we are having. The forecast called for rain which means a muddy trail and low visibility. But I made a commitment to myself; I would continue my hiking every weekend. So I set out to hike a new trail in the Marin Headlands: Hawk Hill.

Along this particular trail there wasn't much to see beyond the chaparral and big black crows. It was really foggy which meant drab photos, but there were still interesting things to see. I must say thank goodness for the bunkers along the trail which provided a great short cut after climbing several flights of stairs. Even Daisy was getting tired that I had to carry her by her harness. Though I could hear the crashing waves of the Pacific Ocean, the view was completely obscured by the fog. That means only one thing; come back on a clearer day.

Next week's hike: Rodeo Beach South and Point Bonita Lighthouse






No comments:

Post a Comment