Search This Blog

Sunday, February 16, 2014

2014 Hike #7: Junipero Serra Park

After an extremely busy week of teaching during the day and moonlighting as a DJ and chorus girl in the evenings, I finally had a day to myself. I didn't make it to Marin County this weekend since I had to view an open house this afternoon. So I opted to stay on the peninsula and hike Junipero Serra Park.

I traversed the Quail Loop Trail all the way to the peak where there was a nice bay view (if you can look past SFO). I then made my way down to the meadow view for a peaceful look across the bay once again ignoring the jet engines (a post on that later). Monterey pine, cypress, and eucalyptus tower over grassland. At times they create a natural canopy shading you from the sun. Within the trees chirped bluejays and other birds. High above were the hawks hovering and screeching.

There are several picnic areas along the trail and I kept thinking how nice it would be to have a BBQ among friends (complete with veggie dogs, of course). This is definitely a place I'd like to return and spend the day exploring other areas of the park.






No comments:

Post a Comment