Search This Blog

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Radio Sausalito

"The Last Dance"

One of my friends, Dizzy, hosts her own radio show based out of Marin County. The format consists of classic jazz music, a music or dance hall review, the tip of the week and the quote of the week. Sometimes she will invite a guest for a Q&A. Previous guests include members of local swing bands (including members of Stompy Jones), DJs, swing dancers and instructors. Dizzy asked me to guest spot and talk more about my dance troupe as well as provide my own tip and quote of the week. I thought, why not? It's a good way to promote our dance troupe.

I drove out to Sausalito where the radio station is based in a lovely (and ginormous) private home with a built-in studio. Dizzy gave me a tour of the ground level that is currently under construction. The owner is having the floors re-done to accommodate dancers. It also has a stage and bar; perfect for hosting a swing dancing event. Dizzy is hoping to have an event there in the not too distant future.

Dizzy explained the schedule before we sat before our microphones to record the one-hour show. We had a great time laughing and discussing swing dancing, music, and the thrill of being a chorus girl. I won't give away too much as the show will air next Sunday, March 2nd. I urge you to take a listen not just for my show but for all shows. Dizzy has a great voice and great show. The music is always swinging. She can count me in as a loyal listener.

Her show, The Last Dance, airs every Sunday at 10am and 6pm on Sausalito Radio 1610AM. Unfortunately the station's frequency doesn't go past southern Marin, BUT it is always accessible on the internet. For a direct link to the program: RADIO SAUSALITO This can be played on a computer, mobile phone and tablet. Supposedly it's on iTunes Radio but I couldn't find it. Just click on the link provided. Tune in tonight! But definitely tune in next Sunday to hear me shoot the breeze with Ms. Dizzy.


Top: (L-R) My post. Me in headsets and no make-up! Dizzy getting busy


Below is a short segment of my radio interview. Tune in on Sunday, March 2nd at 10am and 6pm.

For Mobile Users: Chorus Girls

No comments:

Post a Comment